New IBM 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB, and 800 GB solid-state drives (HDDs) are next-generation Enterprise Value SSDs for System x® that are engineered for greater performance and endurance in a cost-effective design and to support a broader set of workloads. These affordable, high performance SSDs support a broad range of data center application workloads; from read-intensive to mixed workloads of up to 70% read 30% write.
- All capacities are offered in 1.8-inch, 2.5-inch, and 3.5-inch options.
- 20nm MLC NAND flash technology delivers up to 65,000 4K random read IOPS and up to 35,000 4K random write IOPS.
- Sequential bandwidth ranges up to 440 MBps read and 375 MBps write.
- Endurance extends up to 2.4 DWPD for five years.
- Advanced power loss functionality features both data at rest protection and data in flight protection.
- Enterprise data path protection includes single-bit error detection and correction, as well as double-bit error detection.
- Rigorous testing through the ServerProven® program instills confidence that your storage subsystem is compatible and will function reliably.
|SSD form factor
|Solid-state drive capacity
|Solid-state drive interface
||Serial ATA III
|Data transfer rate
|Random read (4KB)
|Random write (4KB)
|Operating temperature (T-T)
||0 - 70 °C
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)
||8 - 85%
|Maximum operating altitude
||120078.7" (3050 m)
|Weight & dimensions
||2.75" (69.8 mm)
||3.95" (100.5 mm)
||0.276" (7 mm)
||2.53 oz (71.7 g)
500GB, 8.89 cm (3.5 ") , SATA, 3Gb/s, 7200rpm
2TB, SAS, 8.89 cm (3.5 ") , 7200 RPM, Hot-Swap, 6Gb/s, Kit
1TB, 8.89 cm (3.5 ") , SAS, 7200 rpm, 6Gb/s, Hot-Swap
3TB, 8.89 cm (3.5 ") , Hot-Swap, SAS, 6Gb/s, 7200rpm